Life Style 

Change Your Life Insurance When There’s A Change In Your Life

Statistics have shown that 25% of families in this country DO NOT have any type of life insurance. The remaining 75% who do have insurance, DO NOT have the insurance they really need. Those are some alarming figures! The fact is we all experience numerous changes during the course of our lifetimes. Some minor, others quite major. Doesn’t it make sense that when there are changes in our lives, changes should also be made to our insurance policy as well?

Here are some examples of changes that may occur in your life and make you take a second look at your insurance policy…

Let’s say that you just got engaged. Getting married is a drastic change. This is a huge reason to increase your coverage. You are marrying the person that you plan on spending the rest of your life with. Naturally, you will want to make sure that life time together is well protected.

You and your new spouse will be joining assets, (even debts); your valuables are now combined. You will want to protect it all. And what if one of you should unexpectedly die. You want to make sure the loved one left behind is well taken care of for the rest of their life.

Let’s say that both you and your new spouse are both working and you invest in a new home. Then, one of you should die, without proper coverage, the serving spouse is now forced to live on just one income. They most likely won’t be able to support themselves and pay the mortgage on a new home. Without the proper coverage, they could lose the house.

We’ll back up her a bit. You get married… you change your insurance policy. You buy a new home… you change your insurance policy. Now you decide to start a family. You guessed it. You change your insurance policy!

Another huge reason to adjust your policy. You want to protect your children too. (For the next 18 years anyway). And don’t forget about looking into life insurance quotes for your children as well. We’ve said it before, the younger you are when you purchase life insurance, the lower the rates will be.

If you are comfortable that your family is well off financially, a safe bet is to set the amount of your life insurance policy 10 times the amount of your annual income.

Again, reevaluate your life insurance policy as often as need. Every time there is a change in your life style.

We should probably mention that divorce is another reason to adjust your insurance policy. Take a look at your debts. Protection for your children till they are grown. Your burial expenses are covered. And be sure to change your beneficiary if needed.

If you are planning on retiring soon, chances are the kids are all grown and out on their own. Your debts are paid off, and you no longer have a mortgage. You think you can get along without life insurance. Think again. You really should have some life insurance. Always expect the unexpected! What if you should suddenly become seriously ill? You’re hospitalized for weeks, perhaps months. You then pass away. Your surviving spouse is now left with enormous hospital bills. Without life insurance, everything that the two of worked so hard for all your lives, could now be lost.

Related posts

Leave a Comment